About Harvest Community School
Harvest is a private Christian school in Jacksonville, FL. We offer classes from Kindergarten through 12th grade. While Harvest does partner with parents and students in the student’s education, we are not a homeschool umbrella or co-op.
From Kindergarten through 8th grade students attend class on campus Monday through Wednesday and homeschool on Thursday and Friday using lesson plans from Harvest. High School attends class on campus Monday through Thursday. School hours are 8:00 – 3:00.
Harvest has strong academic, athletic and fine arts programs.
Harvest is accredited with FCCPSA (Florida Coalition of Christian Private Schools Accreditation), Cognia, and the National Council for Private School Accreditation.
Harvest Community School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
A School Based on Biblical Truth
Our mission is to be a community of Christian believers, who are committed to building strong families, developing moral maturity and achieving academic excellence to prepare God’s people for a lifetime of personal ministry.
We believe the precepts of God’s Word set the absolute standard to which we are to train our children. The community of families in our school share common convictions on biblical principles that relate to the moral and academic training of their children. Biblical truth will be the foundation of every subject. We desire to avoid legalism by remaining committed to God’s truth, not our own traditions and ideals.
To see a community of Christian families and educators provide an excellent spiritual, moral, and academic context to educate their students through hands-on and creative learning while encouraging each other to reflect the character of God in the world.
Our educational philosophy is founded on the strength of the primary assumptions:
- There is ultimately no knowledge that is incompatible with the Christian faith, and a sound education is based on the principles of truth given in the Bible.
- Family engagement in the educational process makes a critical difference in the efficacy of a student’s education.
- Ethics training, in the context of a reciprocal partnership between teachers and parents, provides the moral foundation necessary for superior scholarship.
- The best learning environment is inquiry-based, promotes critical thinking, fosters a respect for diverse points of view, and is committed to the pursuit of truth.
- For Christians, the goal of education is to train students for ministry, regardless the vocation they choose.