About Harvest Community School
Harvest is a private Christian school in Jacksonville, FL. We offer classes from Kindergarten through 12th grade. While Harvest does partner with parents and students in the student’s education, we are not a homeschool umbrella or co-op.
From Kindergarten through 8th grade students attend class on campus Monday through Wednesday and homeschool on Thursday and Friday using lesson plans from Harvest. High School attends class on campus Monday through Thursday and has homeschool lessons for Friday. School hours are 8:00 – 3:00.
Our educational philosophy is founded on the strength of the primary assumptions that:
- There is ultimately no knowledge that is incompatible with the Christian faith, and a sound education is based on the principles of truth given in the Bible.
- Family engagement in the educational process makes a critical difference in the efficacy of a student’s education.
- Ethics training, in the context of a reciprocal partnership between teachers and parents, provides the moral foundation necessary for superior scholarship.
- The best learning environment is inquiry-based, promotes critical thinking, fosters a respect for diverse points of view, and is committed to the pursuit of truth.
- For Christians, the goal of education is to train students for ministry, regardless the vocation they choose.
Harvest is accredited with FCCPSA (Florida Coalition of Christian Private Schools Accreditation), Cognia, and the National Council for Private School Accreditation.
Harvest Community School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.